Monday, June 18, 2007

Beginnings 1

Well, this blog is likely to remain a work in progress for a while to come. It has a couple of purposes. One is to start the development of the philosophy of panagnosticism. Panagnosticism is based on the theory that most of the world's problems are caused by people's unwillingness to accept uncertainty. Instead, they simply choose to insist that what they want to be true must in fact actually be true. While religious fundamentalism is a good example of this phenomenon; the current polarization of U.S. politics is also rooted in this tendency. But, that's more of a long term goal.

Initially, I'll be focusing on more personal matters. As alluded to in my profile, I'm an extreme loner; a forty-something virgin without any social life whatsoever. There are a number of reasons for this; choice really isn't one of them. On the other hand, while not the sole cause, being placed in a state mental hospital when I was 15 has had a rather startling affect on my social development.

I intend to explore my past in depth over the coming days. Both as a therapeutic outlet for me and as a way of letting people see the real me. Unfortunately, in real life, telling people the truth about my past isn't an option. Even online, once I've revealed the whole truth (or at least as much as I intend to), I'll have people who automatically reject me without giving me a chance. But, online, that rejection can't have negative consequences like costing me a job.

After that, we'll see. I'm mainly wanting a place where I can freely express my opinions. I live in the heart of the Bible Belt. Not only would revealing my past cause serious complications at my job, but revealing that I'm actually not a Christian would be almost as bad.

No comments: